I have noticed that Brian and Brian have done this “seven random and/or weird facts” thing on their blogs. Since I’m not up to being very original today, I’m going to share my seven random and/or weird facts:
- I have a superfluous third nipple. It’s on my left side and not that noticeable.
- I’m left-handed but I bat, shoot, golf and pick at my superfluous third nipple with my right.
- I am fluent in American Sign Language. My ex is deaf. He was totally hot but an asshole who cheated on me left and right. I was going to say that he was a totally hot asshole but it just didn’t sound right–it looks much better when I sign it.
- When I was six, I had a major head injury. I flew over the handlebars on my bike going down a hill at a high rate of speed landing on my chin, fracturing my skull, shattering my teeth and biting off a small portion of my tongue. I spent a week in the hospital and my ears have been ringing ever since. I’m sure that explains a lot. It’s probably why I’m gay.
- I used to jump out of airplanes. My first jump was on my eighteenth birthday. It was liberating. It was also very expensive and eventually someone I knew died doing it–so I quit. You’d think major head trauma at six would be enough but noooo we gotta jump out of planes as well.
- In 1993-94, I was writer/director Frank Darabont’s assistant on his film, “The Shawshank Redemption”. I had a teeny bit part where I played a hippy smoking pot in the park when Red gets out of jail. The scene was cut but I have a copy of it. Here is my tiny IMDB profile (I used to go by my first name of Robert). Even though it was a closed set, I was given full permission to photograph it. NOTE: Tim Robbins doesn’t like to be photographed. I have a ginormous box of photos and negatives from the production. Ebay anyone?
- When I was a small child I woke up one night with my Aunt Carrie sitting at the edge of my bed smiling at me. It scared me because she lived about thirty miles away. I shut my eyes real fast and fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning, my mother told me that Aunt Carrie died. Many years later I confessed to my mother about “thinking” I saw Aunt Carrie at the foot of my bed. She told me she was not surprised and suggested that Carrie may have wanted to visit me one last time. Apparently, Aunt Carrie doted on me and thought I was the cat’s meow. Who knew?
So that’s it! Glad there were only seven. I could go on but I think it’s best to leave ’em wanting more.
What are your random and/or weird facts?